Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having terrible back pain, that seems to be getting…

Customer Question
I am having terrible...

I am having terrible back pain, that seems to be getting worse. Is it time to visit a pain specialist?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have scoliosis.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I recently became an attorney and I think the years of studying and ready and now at a desk, is making the back pain unbearable I have never taken prescription pain medication. I am al little nervous but I have tried everything else and my back is only getting worse.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Is pain localized or radiating to leg?

Age and gender?

Are you on any medications?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

It sounds to be nerve root compression, The compression of lumbar nerves L4 or L5 or sacral nerves will cause such symptoms.
It can occur with lumbar radiculopathy,spinal disc herniation or due to wear and tear or degeneration of the discs.
It is diagnosed with help of MRI of spine.
The line of treatment is- physical therapy and oral medications, if required epidural steroid injections may be considered.

Physical therapy includes various modalities like Short wave diathermy, Infra red ,Wax therapy ,these will help you a lot.
Also Stretching exercises for your back can help you feel better and may help relieve nerve root compression.

For the time, you can take OTC Motrin 400mg twice a day. Take adequate rest.

Avoid lifting weights.

I suggest that you should consult Orthopedician for management of this issue.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh