Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have sporadic severe chest pain relieved by ice cold water…

Customer Question
I have sporadic severe...

I have sporadic severe chest pain relieved by ice cold water and oxygen. What isit

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have cold and asthma Copd

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Your history of COPD n asthma explain why you feel better with oxygen . Reflux or GERD is very often associated with asthma and can act as a trigger too . Ice cold water however is known to aggravate asthma so i am not sure if thats a good idea if you have this condotion diagnosed already.

You may like to try antacids like omeprazole 20 minutes before meals ,morning n evening to see if it helps improve your symptoms. Montelukast is very helpful in preventing acute asthma attacks so you can add that too. I am sure you would already be on salbutamol, ipratropium and steroid inhalers ( as per requirement ,if not on a regular bases). If you frequently get such spells then regular use of salbutamol-fluticasone combination inhaler is adviseable.

Hopeit proves useful to you.

Let me know if you have any further queries.