Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Doctor, 39.7 fever, fainted and vomit. 24 hours of fever, no…

Customer Question
Good evening Doctor, Doctor's...

Good evening Doctor,

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

39.7 fever, fainted and vomit

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

24 hours of fever, no respiratory symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Lost appetite

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/15/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

How many times, have you vomited?

Do you have loose stool?

Do you have pain in back of neck?

Age ?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Well, such high grade fever with Vomiting can be due to- Viral flu or it can be Meningitis.

You should take Tylenol to reduce fever.
It can be taken in dosage of two tablets every four to six hours as needed. It means you need to take 1000 mg every 6 hours.
You can go for a lukewarm five- to 10-minute soak or a sponge bath. It would be very helpful.

If you develop, High grade fever, which is in between 103 F (39.4 C) and 106 F (41.1 C), then you should not delay and immediately rush to ER.
High grade fever, can -
-Hallucinations
-Confusion
-Irritability
-Convulsions
-Dehydration.

Please take adequate rest, and keep an eye on your temperature.
If it doesn't comes down, even with Tylenol in next 12 hours, than rush to ER.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh