Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m not breast feeding my baby. I had a c Section 4 days ago…

Customer Question
I’m not breast feeding...

I’m not breast feeding my baby. I had a c Section 4 days ago and yesterday my breasts became very engorged. I’m wearing a tight bra and taking Motrin. Any other suggestions?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No.just taking Motrin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Second C Section

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/15/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.If you are not breast feeding the baby,your breasts are bound to be engorged.The engorged breasts may leak milk,but will gradually dry up.Use of a firm ,supporting breast and application of ice packs (applied over a towel) will help decrease the discomfort.Motrin will also help with the pain and discomfort.It will take about 7-10 days for the milk to dry u,the first 3-4 days will be most uncomfortable.Avoid stimulation of the nipples as that may stimulate milk production.