Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son has been complaining about an itchy bum, soreness…

My son has been...

My son has been complaining about an itchy bum, soreness when he has a bowel movement and he has a red solid rash around his anus which seems pretty raw. I haven't spotted any pinworms but wondering if it might be a yeast infection?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

It's been since the day after Halloween, I wondered if it might be related to candy, since he seems to react to sugar...

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can thing of

11/15/2017

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What his age?

Is there significant pain during or after bowel motion?

My son says it really hurts after a bowel movement
he is 5 years old

This can be anal fissure. This is a tiny ulcer which may have been caused by an hard bowel motion or straining. A local Lidocaine application may help. But it needs to be seen by his pediatrician. Ask him not to strain during bowel motion and encourage more intake of liquids.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thanks so much.

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl