Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

After having sex one night I noticed a droplet of blood had…

After having sex one night...
After having sex one night I noticed a droplet of blood had come out my penis into my pants and after that for 5 days my penis was extremely swollen , but with no pain. Now that the swelling has gone and no more blood had come out since that first time either , I have developed a pea sized lump on my penile shaft about half way down , it’s doesn’t hurt but is rock hard! What could this be ? Ive had it about 2 weeks now and it hasn’t gone down in size at all. Will this go away ? When I feel it , it seems like I can feel swollen veins near it , but no veins are visable ! When erect it’s much more visible ! Please help !
11/14/2017
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry you have a problem with your penis.

This appears to be two different problems. First the drop of blood from your penis. May I assume you did not see the drop of blood come directly from your urethra (from inside your penis) but just saw it on your pants. If that is true, that would explain why you had no pain when you urinate.

The second problem sounds like the blood came from a small blood vessel on the shaft of your penis, caused by friction. This would also explain the swelling. The "hard lump" you feel now is most likely a hematoma (blood clot) which will be reabsorbed by your body over time. It may take 4-6 weeks to be reabsorbed. Warm moist heat will help, but nothing needs to be done by you, it will resolve over time. Since you are NOT having any pain or difficulty getting an erection, there is no need to see a doctor at this time. If, however, it is still present after 6 weeks, then you will want to have it evaluated by your doctor.

I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Hi there
Thanks for the reply , the blood I think came from my urethra based on where the droplet stain was on my pants but I never seen it come out so can’t be 100% on where it came from!. Im not worried bout the blood to be honest because it has never happened since . I’m glad you said it may be a small blood clot because that’s what I was thinking it was. Should I try massaging it or just leave it? It isn’t swollen or painful but Should I take Ibuprofen or aspirin or just leave those alone as well

At this time, leave it alone. NSAIDs or Aspirin will not help to resolve this any faster. Massaging it won't help resolve it any sooner. If you are experiencing any pain in your hips, back, or other areas of your body, then you may benefit from Aspirin or Ibuprofen. For this issue, it will not help.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor