Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband 64 year old has reoccurring pain in upper arm,

My husband 64...

My husband 64 year old has reoccurring pain in upper arm, could this be sign of impending heart attack?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes, his family has hyperlipidemia, he takes meds, without them his cholesterol would be 330. Both our children have inherited this also and take statins. His health is pretty good. He 5ft 9in and weighs 217

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

His bp is good but pulse rate is usually 79

11/14/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Does he has any chest pain?

Any tingling or numbness in left arm?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

no

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described about your 64 year old husband of having reoccurring pain in upper arm does not seem to be due to heart disease or any sign of impending heart attack.

This pain can be due to nerve root compression (pinched nerve).

Any compromise of the nerve space in the spinal column can lead to compression of the nerve endings.This occurs because of wear and tear or injury or degeneration of the discs.

He need X-ray of spine,EMG,nerve conduction studies.The goal of treatment is relief of pain and prevention of permanent spinal cord and nerve root injury.

He can take Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help him greatly in pain relief.

So my best advise for him is to please make an appointment with doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor