Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm a 20 year old male and just about a week ago, I had what…

Hi, I'm a 20...

Hi, I'm a 20 year old male and just about a week ago, I had what seemed like a sharp cramp (or charlie horse) at the base of my penis just after urinating. It reminded me of a muscle cramp so I dealt with it similarly to how I would a calf muscle by holding it till it went away which it did. But now, the area does feel a bit unusual; there's no pain but it does a bit sore. I was wondering if I need to go get this checked out or if it'll go away on its on? Could this be from over extortion?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I never had the pain until that afternoon when it happened. I would say relaxing by just not trying to contract my muscles down there seem to make it a lot better.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hm, I'm not on any medication nor do I have an STI if that helps. Okay thank you for your help!

11/14/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Where exactly is the pain located now?

Hello Dr. Chip, I would say at the base of my penis, I guess where the pelvis meets it.

Any actual tenderness there?

I would say generally no, it just feels like a bit of tension. Whenever I go to urinate, it does feel like whatever happened last week wants to happen again but so far it hasn't.

OK

This indeed sounds like a cramp around the suspensory ligament of the penis and nothing serious

But if it continues you need to have your prostate checked with an exam and a urinalysis since this may be referred pain from a prostate gland infection

Please let me know if you need any more information

Okay thank you, ***** ***** continue to see how it feels before making an appointment. You've been an amazing help!