Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood pressure is 164/106 and I have a very distant

Customer Question
My blood pressure is...

My blood pressure is 164/106 and I have a very distant headache

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No headache only come today and no nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not in my history, my mother had angina. I have been feeling like I am getting flu for over a week and have a cough

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/14/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Your systolic blood pressure of 164 is higher then normal.

Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Your diastolic blood pressure of 106 is again higher then normal.

An elevation of the systolic and/or diastolic blood pressure increases the risk of developing heart (cardiac) disease, kidney (renal) disease, hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis or arteriosclerosis), eye damage, and stroke (brain damage).

Following is recommended for you now:

-Restrict your salt intake .

-Drink plenty of water.

-Limit your alcohol & avoid smoking.

-If you are overweight,then loose weight.

-Eat a healthy diet.

-Eat less fat and sodium.

Considering your blood pressure readings of 164/106 , you need to go to ***** will be prescribed with anti hypertensive medications accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how is your blood pressure reading now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh