Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

At 82 my Aunt is diagnosed with Tarlov Cyst at L2. She takes…

Customer Question
At 82 my Aunt is...
At 82 my Aunt is diagnosed with Tarlov Cyst at L2. She takes Tylenol for pain relief. Now she is having wavy lines in her sight and sharp pains in her head and feels fairly frequent feelings of passing out. Any of this related to the Tarlov Cyst? What should be her next move? I’ve suggested labs.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/14/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is not related to Tarlov cyst.

Following investigations need to be pursued in her case for her symptoms;

1) MRI with gadolinium contrast

2) Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)

3) Tilt table test

4) Carotid sinus massage

5) Electroencephalography (EEG)

6) Stress cardiac test

7) Total creatine kinase (CK) and heart enzymes; done immediately after the feeling of passing out episodes and would tell about the abnormal brain or heart activity which caused it.

8) Following also may be done after the passing out episode; blood electrolytes and blood glucose.

These should be able to zero down the cause.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl