Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a burning feeling in my bum when i poo. My poo is

Customer Question
like water and is giving...
I have a burning feeling in my bum when i poo. My poo is like water and is giving me painful cramps just before i rush to the bathroom. Its making me scream and cry because it hurts so much to poo. Also im on my first period since having a child 3 months ago... the period pains feel like beginning of labour and are very intense!! What can i do to help myself
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No and i am not allergic to any medication
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
11/14/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually from what you are describing it sounds like that you could have developed a anal fissure, which is a condition in which there is a small tear in the anus which can cause this sort of pain. This would be diagnosed on a simple rectal examination and a proctoscopy. Once diagnosed it can be treated with OTC lidocaine gel which can be applied on the area, OTC hemorrhoidal gel can also be helpful in this situation.

At the same time the diarrhea which you are experiencing can be due to a condition like viral gastroenteritis which can cause painful cramps and also the watery appearance of the stool. This would usually settle down over 7-10 days and if there is blood or mucus in the stool then it would be a bacterial infection in which case it would treated with antibiotics. In the meantime using OTC imodium would be helpful along OTC dramamine and OTC ibuprofen.

I would suggest that you start using these therapies and if there is blood or mucus in the stool or the problem worsens in the next 2-3 days then you should visit your doctor.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor