Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son has sensitivity to heat and cold on the underside of…

Customer Question
My son has sensitivity...

My son has sensitivity to heat and cold on the underside of his forearm skin. Wondering about what that might be and be from?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

Just today and no major changes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He was hit on the underside of the arm playing basketball today

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/14/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If he has had a recent trauma to that area, then this is known a hyperalgesia and hyperesthesia. Which essentially means that the cutaneous nerves responsible for the sensations of heat and cold are irritated and inflamed and this should settle down within the next 2 to 4 days.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.