Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I️ has sudden severe shoulder pain that is worse when I️

Customer Question
I️ has sudden severe...

I️ has sudden severe shoulder pain that is worse when I️ take a deep breath. The pain went from a 10 to 6 but deep breaths aggrieve it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Came on suddenly about 20 minutes ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/14/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Any unaccustomed activity related to shoulder or neck in last 2-3 days?

38 and no-‘I do sleep a bit wild

Are your shoulder and neck movements painful?

Any chest pain, sweating or pain in arm?

This was sudden and severe. Now deep breaths make it almost unbearable
No chest pain now only when the original pain hit it was horrible in left shoulder blade and taking a deep breathe felt unbearable. No arm pain

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Ok thank you

This can be costochondritis or pleurisy.

You may take Motrin.

Local analgesic cream/spray and warm compresses may also help you.

But this pain warrants a chest x-ray and EKG. So it is recommended to go to a walk in clinic / urgent care clinic. Or you may go to ER.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

even if the pain is tolerable now I️ should still go to Er? No walk in clinics open now.

See if Motrin takes away pain completely. You may wait and if the pain recurs than go to ER. If you have any of the following risk factors, going to ER is advised:

• A previous heart attack or stroke.

• Cigarette smoker.

• A family history of heart disease.

• Elevated total and LDL cholesterol levels.

• Low HDL level.

• High blood pressure.

• Uncontrolled diabetes or high blood pressure.

• Physical inactivity.

• Obesity or being overweight.

• Raised high sensitivity CRP (hsCRP)

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Hope you are doing good.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.