Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is causing the severe pain in the buttucks muscles and…

Customer Question
What is causing the...

What is causing the severe pain in the buttucks muscles and the upperleft thigh and radiates down the leg

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'VE had mri and ultrasound and cortisone shots and noyhing seems to help

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/13/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Please type in the MRI report

interval increase in spinal canal stenosis atl4-5 moderate TOSEVEREcentrally and with moderate narrowing
of the lateral recesses bilaterally. also moderately bilateral neural forminal stensosis at this level

That is what is causing your pain.

You have a severe spinal stenosis.

What is your question about this?