Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I went to the bathroom every morning for poop. I did so this…

Customer Question
I went to the bathroom...
I went to the bathroom every morning for poop. I did so this morning. But after this morning, I did do my regular habit but I still have a feeling of going to the restroom but when I go, nothing came out more. I feel a bit pain intummy that comes and goes so i took the activated charcoal capsule, it has been helping me with bloating or gassy feeling. Is it ok?
Not sure cause last night I ate some spicy food and veggie which is called acacia.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Where exactly is the pain located?

In the middle or right side. Just the exactly the same feeling that I want to go to the restroom.

OK

Most likely this is just a small bout of a viral gastroenteritis stomach bug and nothing serious

For now I'd suggest oral probiotics, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day and some PeptoBismol and that should clear all this up in a couple of days

Please let me know if you need any more information

The ache is likely all over the tummy I would say. Like an urge to go to restroom. But I shouldn't keep sitting to try to use the restroom right? I am also taking some ginger ale. And if I already taken the activated charcoal, would that be alright? And should I avoid like spicy food and eat more veggies?

No--don't try to force things here

The charcoal was fine and definitely avoid the spicy and fatty foods

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

it is just a feeling or sensation to go because of the bug, right?

Exactly

Can I take more activated charcoal, if it still hurts? Or should I just take the probiotic and the vinegar?

You can take more charcoal as well as the probiotic and the vinegar

the feeling is it because of the gas in the tummy also, may be? It is kind of the same feeling when I am on my first 2 days of period.
Not to be disgusting, but sometimes just releasing the gas out, helps relieves the feeling too. Can this turn to diarrhea?

Sorry for the delay

It won't likely become diarrhea.

Just excess gas and what I suggested will also help with that