Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a partial hip replacement in May. By September I was…

Customer Question
I had a partial...

I had a partial hip replacement in May. By September I was doing beautifully until I awoke one morning with my achilles tendons and calves so stiff I could hardly walk. That lasted for about a week, then left my right leg and settled in my left. Early October I awoke one day with both legs perfect...for (1) day. The following morning it left my left leg and moved tomy right with throbbing pain shooting into the muscle in the inner part of my thigh. Pain hit every three to five seconds. After some

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

No. However, it has now left my right leg and has moved to my abdomen and both gluts are very sore and sensitive to the touch. I feel like there is a band around my lower abdomen. I am having trouble eating since this last move.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Until the fall I was in really good health. I had a minor TIA about 7 years ago and have been on liprinosil and blood thinner since. I am approaching my 84th Birthday, but I have always been up and about (I worked as principal of a school last year)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What is your question about your situation?

What have your doctors told you about this?

My question is ....do you have any idea what this might be? There is a considerable amount of pain associated with this.
My doctor is puzzled. She had me have an MRI and also an Xray of my upper spine. To date the MRI showed nothing and the Xray results are not back yet. I have spoken to another doctor who also said I was a mystery. There was a mistake when I wrote the symptoms The left leg had tight muscles and jabbing pain for several weeks before it moved over to my right leg. The same symptoms followed with that leg. Then into my abdominal area with extreme tightness and difficulty walking. I also started having trouble getting much food down when it moved to this area. My gluts are very sensitive to the touch, as was the skin on both legs when it was there.
I would like an answer on my computer. Yesterday I received a response, but it was a text that said I could have my answer @my.justanswer.com/app/s/vZRbN, That meant nothing to me. I tried on my computer and it said "not found". Pls. answer me here.

Why upper spine.

These are lower spine symptoms.

You have not had an MRI of the lower spine?

I had the MRI of the lower portion and thinking perhaps we missed something, she had my go for and Xray on my upper spine.

Please type in the MRI report

All I know is that the doctor said she sAw no inflammation and no infection and nothing that would indicate a problem to her

Can you get the report of the MRI?

I will have to check with the doctor to see if I can get that report
Are we on hold until you get it?

sure just come back here

Ok

ok