Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Will my derma wand help my muscles return to normal, I have…

Customer Question
Will my derma wand...

Will my derma wand help my facial muscles return to normal, I have Bell’s palsy, have taken prednisone for a week now, and think I need to start exercising my paralyzed facial muscles?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I went to the ER thinking I was having a stroke, was diagnosed with Bell’s palsy and give 7 doses of Prednisone, and 21Famciclovir 500mg Today will be my last med day, no improvement in my face, my GP is away for three weeks and I got no further instruction from the Doctor in the ER. I read than facial exercises help the paralyzed side of the face to return to normal quicker than just waiting.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

Exactly 1week, no other skin issues

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a bilateral mastectomy on August 15th this year, no sentinel or lymph node involvement. Clear margins, no radiation or chemo needed. Am about to start on anti hormone inhibitors, I am 65years old.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

have you had anything come back yet?

how bad are your symptoms? Can you blink?

No........I can’t blink with my left eye, it closes but not completely, have been using eye drops and wearing glasses to protect the eye, my mouth is pulling to the right side of my face and I can’t drink from a cup without using a straw. Can only eat small amounts of food and nothing too liquid as it escapes my mouth. The whole of the left side of my face and neck feel frozen, vision slightly blurred in my left eye

Ok. This will get better

Your symptoms are not too bad actually for one week

continue the facial muscle exercises

and see an eye doctor

you may need to tape the eye shut so the cornea doesn't get damaged from drying out

is this helpful?

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)