Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having severe dizziness after taking diflucan and im…

Customer Question
I am having severe...

I am having severe dizziness after taking diflucan and im scared

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Panic mode i felt like i was gonna pass out what do I do it went away but will it come back im scared

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No im only slightly allergic to sulphar drugs but ive taking it and had no problems.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

I would like to get some more information regarding your problem to help you more efficiently.

Why did you take Diflucan?

When did you take it?

Do you have palpitations? Dizziness? Chest pain? Shortness of breath?

I didn't get any reply, think you are away; therefore I am posting an answer.

Dizziness, palpitation, abdominal pain, fits etc. are well documented side effects associated with this drug.

Any new cardiac or neurological symptoms after taking any drug should be reported to the doctor and in your case, you better go to ER to have a physical evaluation, at least an EKG should be done to rule out any adverse effects of Diflucan on your heart; as it can induce arrhythmias in heart which can lead to dizziness and chest symptoms.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.