Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the past month my right arm and shoulder feel fatigue. I…

Customer Question
For the past month...

For the past month my right arm and shoulder feel fatigue. I have strength and feeling. It’s really bothering me and I can’t see a neurologist till the 27th. I’m starting to get anxiety over this so I need to know if you think it’s a emergency or something that can wait till the 27th

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I don’t notice it when I rest. When I’m up doing things I start feeling it. It’s on my right side and it’s the side I use most often

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’m 52 female, slight high blood pressure and mitral valve prolapse Is my only health conditions

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 5 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Can you please tell me exactly what your symptoms are since it's a little unclear to me?

For the past month my right arm/shoulder has felt fatigue when I use it. It’s a strange feeling actually. I have strength in the arm. Sometimes it feels like lil bugs crawling around in my elbow too. When I relax and don’t use the arm. It feels slightly better. But because it’s my right side that I use all the time. It’s bothering me. I’m actually starting to get anxiety over it. Also it has a little strange feeling in my right chest area too.
I have a appt with a neurologist on the 27th. But I’m getting concerned it might be serious

OK

Nothing like an emergency here

It sounds like a nerve pinch situation--nothing like a stroke

You probably have a disk problem in your neck with a nerve root compression causing this

You need any MRI of the cervical spine to check for that and usually the problem responds to physical therapy and doesn't require surgery

Please let me know if you need any more information

I’m not having pain only soreness in my neck when I turn my head

You can have a disk problem in the neck without having any neck pain

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor