Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What would the cause be of tenderness in abdomen (left upper…

Customer Question
Hi what would the...

Hi what would the cause be of tenderness in abdomen (left upper side), tingling and pain in lower abdomen and urgency to evacuate the bowels be?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

On and off for awhile now. Sometimes no problem still need to go to the bathroom 3-4 times a day BM. Every now and then pain and real bad urgency. usually BM helps but then the need to go again comes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing relating to this

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
11/13/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Bloating and flatulence?

Are you taking any medications?

Nausea,vomiting?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Loose stools?

Fever?

Foul smelled stools?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

29, some bloating, flatulence nothing out of normal, no medications, no vomiting or nausea really, over a 1 year on, always loose stools, i'd say temp is normal i usually feel slightly warm but not hot, stools can be foul usually consistency similar to mousse they break up and look fluffy sometimes with what appear to be very small black seeds.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Diverticulitis,Irritable bowel syndrome,Colitis.

You shouldn't ignore your symptoms and see a colo rectal specialist and undergo colonoscopy for further evaluation.

You should start liquid fat free diet.

Also take OTC Mylanta gas and metamucil.

You should start a probiotic.

And take OTC Zantac.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.