Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a spot on my lower leg, it itches, and its dry, and…

Customer Question
I have a spot...

I have a spot on my lower leg, it itches, and its dry, and it becomes like an open sore, and its getting bigger like spreading. could you help me identify this?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Its been about a year, but it gets worse when it gets cold

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing in my history. also, the more I scratch it, the bigger the spot becomes, sometimes it bleeds and it has puss in it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have a picture I can look at?

Let me know.

I’m 40 yr old Male
No need for a phone call, just texting is fine

This looks like Eczema. Also known as Dermatitis or skin inflammation.

You will need to have your dermatologist look at this and give you prescription topical steroids or immunomodulator topical creams.

This should heal after you are started on the topical treatment.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.