Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am feeling something happening on my left side of stomach…

Customer Question
Hi ..My name is...

Hi ..My name is ***** ***** am feeling something happening on my left side of stomach ..like vibrations i am diabetic as well

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Its there for like 1 week no vomit or nausea only on the left side no pain but its like something vibrating

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I moved to seattle from India just 2 months ago .. i had thyroid and diabetics but i am just 28 years old

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/13/2017
Doctor: Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hi Mohammed. Do you feel or see any twitching of the muscles in the area of the vibrations?

i feel there is vibrations and if i keep hand on the place i can also feel the vibrations.Internally i feel like something is rolling ...
Externally there is no indication of twitching of muscle.
it sometimes feels like something internally bursting as well

I see. You may be feeling peristalsis in the transverse colon. This is the large intestine, which comes up the right side of the abdomen and crosses across the front of the abdomen over the the left side where it then turns down toward the rectum. If you are on the thin side, you may not have any fat between the transverse colon and the abdominal wall. In cases like this, the movements of stool and gas through the intestine, and the contractions of the intestine itself can be felt. This can result in vibrations, bubbling and gurgling (borborygmus), a feeling of pressure or even cramping. This is completely benign.

can you please tell me how it can be rectified ?Is there any chances of problem in Kidney?
this is consistently happening only on the left side ...

The kidneys are more in the back. When they get infected or a stone, the pain is almost always in the back or flank or lower abdomen. The location you describe is more likely to be the colon, or possibly the stomach. The best way to deal with this is to avoid large meals and carbonated drinks. Increase your dietary fiber (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc) and take simethicone (Gas-x) with every meal to keep gas in the intestines from building up. Also, try to have a bowel movement every day so stool and gas do not get backed up into the descending colon on the left side.

ok ..thanks a lot Sir .

You're welcome, Mohammed. Hope all works out for the best for you, always.