Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have siatica pain in lower back what type of therahy is…

Customer Question
I have siatica pain...

I have siatica pain in lower back what type of therahy is good

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Lack of movement i guess no injuries

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Have you had this evaluated by your doctor with x-rays and an MRI of the back?

no

Well first you need to have those done to determine exactly what the problem is--arthritis of the spine, disk bulging, nerve root compression, etc.

If I were your doctor, once that was done, I'd refer you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a customized hands-on therapy program that should help greatly with your symptoms

Please let me know if you need any more information