How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chip (M.D.) Your Own Question
Dr Chip (M.D.)
Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 39913
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Chip (M.D.) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have siatica pain in lower back what type of therahy is

Customer Question

i have siatica pain in lower back what type of therahy is good
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: lack of movement i guess no injuries
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 1 year ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Have you had this evaluated by your doctor with x-rays and an MRI of the back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 1 year ago.

Well first you need to have those done to determine exactly what the problem is--arthritis of the spine, disk bulging, nerve root compression, etc.

If I were your doctor, once that was done, I'd refer you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a customized hands-on therapy program that should help greatly with your symptoms

Please let me know if you need any more information