Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How can I find an oral Maxillofacial surgeon specializing in…

Customer Question
How can I find...

How can I find an oral Maxillofacial surgeon specializing in TMJ prosthesis post surgery complications, for repair and reduction of increasing symptoms, as narrowing of airway, pain and moving teeth. I have Medicare. Who would have that information?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Pain is intermittent, sometimes when chewing, sometimes not. The five surgeries in bilateral prosthesis placement was about five years ago, with two years post orthodontics. The pain has gradually become worse with facial muscle tension, and some swelling at rt prosthesis site.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I have gone to a local oral maxillofacial surgeon who does not know what to do. Perhaps someone who specializes in post TMJ surgery complications, but I do not know how to find that.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
11/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 9 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Dr Mario Imola Colorado Craniofacial Center & Colorado Facial Plastic Surgery

https://www.childrenscolorado.org/doctors-and-departments/departments/surgery/programs/craniofacial/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27348350

you can as see ENT doctors at Jefferson Univ in Philadilephia.

http://www.jefferson.edu/university/jmc/departments/otolaryngology/centers/facial-plastic_reconstructive_surgery.html

let me know