Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can I take ciprofloxacin hcl for any infection. I have an…

Customer Question
Can I take ciprofloxacin...

Can I take ciprofloxacin hcl for any infection. I have an earache & swallon glands

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have high blood presure & tale meds for that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Cipro is a broad spectrum antibiotic so it's usually effective for any kind of bacterial infection

So it should be effective for what sounds like an ear infection like what you seem to have

Please let me know if you need any more information

can You give me a prescription for Amoxicilin

Sorry, no

That would be both illegal and malpractice for any licensed physician to do that for someone they had never actually seen in their office