Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood pressure has been high for several weeks (150-160…

My blood pressure has...

My blood pressure has been high for several weeks (150-160 over 95) I have had headaches for months. I am taking Metoprolol Tartrate 100MG twice a day, I can get into see my Dr. on Wed but my entire head from below my eyes up hurt when I touch. I'm trying to decide if I should go to the walk in clinic. I am a 66 year old mail with COPD.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

There is no high blood pressure history in my family. I go to Pulmonary rehab and they have not liked my blood pressure. I last saw my Dr. in June.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had some TIA's in 2015 and at that time the hospital Dr. indicated my blood pressure should be no higher than 126 over 75 because of bleeding in brain.

11/12/2017
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

If your blood pressure is 150 to 160 in the past few weeks this means your blood pressure is not well controlled with your current medication.

So your blood pressure medication may either be changed or your doctor will add some more medications to control your blood pressure.

I would suggest to go to the walk in clinic to have this headache evaluated just to make sure everything is okay.

Do let me know if you have more questions.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread so that I can be credited for helping you today.

You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.

Thank you.

Best wishes.

Medicaldoctor
Going to the hospital for mri

Okay take care and keep me updated.