Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How advanced are you in the stem cell research for treatment…

Customer Question
How advanced are you...

How advanced are you in the stem cell research for treatment of PN and Artheritis in the knees.I have both,can you help?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes and none

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

9/2015 lower sloudpine operation/fusion in St.Cloud

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/12/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry you are suffering from Peripheral Neuropathy and arthritis is your knee. Stem cells are not approved for either PN or Osteoarthritis. There are studies evaluating the effectiveness in Rheumatoid arthritis, but the studies have not been completed and won't be for many years. The effects on small and large joints in athletes has not been successful. Also, treating arthritis in the spine has also not been successful. Medicare and other insurance companies will not cover any procedures of this type. Please save your money, these treatments can cause $15 to $20 thousand and more without producing a good outcome of reducing pain.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.