Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

We think my husband has gout, he has had it before, but cant…

Customer Question
We think my husband...

We think my husband has gout, he has had it before, but cant work out witch tablet he was given, I have Lengout her but not sure if that is what the Dr gave him for Gout his meds are Ramipril AN 1.25, Sigmaxin62.5mcq, Xarelto 20mg, Urex40mg, faul calcuium DC min ta, bicard 2.5mg Allosig 100mgis it ok for him to take LENGOUT? THANK YOU he has a very bad heart and has a defibulator

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No he is not allergic to anything, didn't you get what meds he is on

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No but when hehad gout before the Dr was quiet concerned what he could put him on, do you want ne to send the meds he is on again, he does to his GP every month for blood tests and his heart DR every 3 months

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your husband. Actually Lengout contains colchicine which is one of the drugs used to control an acute attack of gout.

It can be used in your husbands case however it should be used with atleast a gap of 12 hours with sigmaxin, as lengout can increase the levels of sigmaxin in the body and that is why it should be used with a time gap in between the two drugs.

But to answer your question, yes lengout can be used to manage an acute attack of gout PROVIDED he has taken sigmaxin atleast 10-12 hours earlier.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/