Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had protected sex with a transexual 2-3 weeks ago.

Customer Question
Hi. I had protected...

Hi. I had protected sex with a transexual 2-3 weeks ago. However, before protected sex, i inserted the tip of my penis inside her anus for about 1 minute then I pulled out. 2-3 weeks later, I am experiencing symptoms of fever of 99.7 F, sour throat, aching body, and headache. Do you think these are the symptoms for HIV ARS?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No nausea. Headache is episodic.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually while inserting your penis inside another person's anus is certainly a high risk exposure for HIV, the symptoms that you currently have are not completely consistent with HIV ARS. Usually it would also cause problems like enlarged lymph nodes in the neck, a rash all over the body especially the chest, fever which is in excess of 100 F, joint pains, muscle pains etc. The current symptoms that you are describing are more likely to be consistent with a simple viral infection rather than ARS. A simple viral infection is MUCH more likely to explain your current issues.

However if you inserted your UNPROTECTED penis inside the anus then i would recommend that you DO get screened for HIV with the help of a HIV PCR RNA test right now or after 4 weeks get screened with the 4th generation combined HIV antibody antigen test. But to answer your questions, your current symptoms are not completely consistent with ARS and i believe they are due to another simple viral infection HOWEVER given your exposure, i would still advise getting screened for HIV nevertheless.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor