Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I'm 30. Recently become aware of more prominent vein running

Customer Question

I'm 30. Recently become aware of more prominent vein running through my right ripple. Sometimes I can feel through the surface. Been doing breast exams everyday to the point that my breast is sore. No lump found. Everything I read say that a new vein is either a sign of pregnancy (I'm not), a blocked vessel, or a sign of cancer. I'm terrified.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right nipple. No family history of breast cancer.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Hello Elyse,

Let me at the outset tell you that prominent vein is not a sign of breast cancer.

Veins are affected by the body hormones and they may get off and on prominent on various parts of our body.

This sign alone is never clinically important unless there are associated symptoms and signs.

So if you have not missed your period it is not pregnancy.

If you do not have a breast lump; this is not a breast cancer.

With no family history; breast cancer is extremely rare in your age group.

Please do not worry at all.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though it's new and prominent? I didn't know nipples could have visible changes with veins past puberty. My stress is out of control with it. I have a obgyn appointment scheduled for decemeber, but I'm going crazy.

Elyse,

Search engines can cause problems on psyche.

If it was cancer, or dangerous sign, I would have asked you to get it evaluated early / immediately.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl