Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Over the last two weeks I have a hardening growth on the…

Customer Question
Over the last two weeks...
Over the last two weeks I have a hardening growth on the back of my heel form. The growth seems to be getting larger. Online a Haglund's deformity somewhat resembles the enlargement. Walking a lot is part of my job right now. I have tried to add padding and not wear shoes with backs but the callus seems to be getting harder and larger. Are there any other ways besides padding and backless shoes to try and stop the growth?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Could you please post picture of it.

Thanks! Of course.

I am reviewing the pictures. This may take 4-5 minutes.

Is it painful, tender?

Not really. Maybe a tiny but irritated when walking. It’s just went from a tiny red mark to that in less than 2 weeks. The bulge is what’s more concerning than the color to me.

This is likely to be callus (and may not be related to bone). You may try callus plaster which is available at Amazon. Before applying it for overnight, soak your foot in warm water for at least five minutes.

This may have occurred due to foot wear, so avoid those which cover the area.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Hm. Okay it doesn’t feel hard like a callus or one’s I’ve had before. The skin itself is very soft. It feels hard. But not externally. I’ll try a callus remover.

The initial callus may not be hard.

The origin of it is not bone, ligament or tendon (or its covering).

So it seems to be due to tissue under the skin.

Callus do have different consistency.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Callus remover should be able to resolve it.

It is privilege assisting you.

You may get an x-ray and soft tissue ultrasound for the evaluation.

This may give further insight for the management.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thanks for your message. I have purchased the callus remover and am hoping that the product helps.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a very speedy resolution.

Let me know the result of callus remover.

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor