Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Im on the backside of a bout of pacreatits and starting to…

Customer Question
Im on the backside...

Im on the backside of a bout of pacreatits and starting to be able to eat a little more. I've had bland food for about 6 days and feeling better. My question is, can I eat some popcorn from an air popper without expecting the painful cramps?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About 8 days. Caffeine, carbonated drinks, meat (fatty), spicy foods (which I'm a huge fan of) make it painful. Water, Applesauce, pasta with very little on it, bananas are good ones

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm a recovering Alcoholic, about 4 months out, no drinking for 6 weeks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Andy,

You may avoid popcorn for 4-5 days more. It may induce the pain as they have some fat in it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Besides pasta, baked potato, applesauce, bananas and water (which is all I’ve had for the last week) what are some other things that would be good to eat?

Andy,

You can eat all fruits, vegetables, whole grain, lean meat and low fat diary.

Avoid greasy or fried fruits.

You need multivitamin and multimineral supplements.

Also your doctor may prescribe you pancreatic enzymes.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Thank you for the advise

You are most welcome, Andy.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.