Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been going to doctor now for few months had symtpoms…

Customer Question
I have been going...

I have been going to doctor now for few months had symtpoms of migraines that were ununusal. My migraines went from typical stress and work related migraines . to more of an aura and feels like a swelling in the head. I also have swelling in other parts of my body including my left leg. At night I suffer from night sweats and chronic pain stemming from mid back and neck. When I lay on them it triggers migraine also standing long times will and sitting long periods of time. I went into the hospital a month ago and had CT scan but they just ruled out that there was no infection in brain and no bleeding and did no MRI and was told to follow up with Primary care. My doctor ordered several blood tests and Mri on brain and tspine. The blood tests I finally got back and doctor is stating it is severe anemia . But on the CBC the items that worry me are the white blood cell count. WBC is showing 12.5 Hihg. Neutophils show 11.6 -H; Lymphs show.6 Low. Comparing to my cbc from last year alot of the red blood cell count is lower and all of the white blood cell counts look higher. What can do this? I'm worried about lymphoma or leukemia because I'm having excruciateing pain. It took forever to have insurance approve of mri but finally did have brain mri and still waiting for the tspine. I waiting on results of mri and have apt this week.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

It is daily and some nausea today is very bad the nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I did also have breast biopsy last month that found tumor that was benign and found 2 cysts. Also, have ovarian cyst .

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

WBC count of slight elevation of 12.5 is due to a mild infection or inflammation in your body.

I am a cancer doctor

lymphoma or leukemia would not be causing your symptoms.

you may have a pinched nerve in your neck causing your pain.

an MRI scan of your neck spine can show this