Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a rash on both palms for 2 days. It itches

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a rash on both palms for 2 days. It itches intensely, and small blisters are forming.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

2 days... scratching relieves it momentarily; Gold Bond anti-itch cream for a while longer.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Getting a rash is an infrequent occurrence for me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What is your question about this rash?

Can you attach a picture?

What is it symptomatic of? How can I get rid of it? How can I avoid getting it again?
No

We can not diagnose a rash, and particularly without a picture anything is conjecture, and treatment requires your doctor...not us.

I can give you possibilities as to what it might be and how your doctor would treat it.

Are you saying , no, you can not attach a picture?

I don't think my insurance will cover this...

Sorry?

Not sure what you are talking about now

I'm saying no, I can't send you a picture.
What you're saying makes sense, but the last time I went to the walk-in clinic with a rash, the NP told me there were probably about 70 possible causes, and it was impossible to tell which it was. I don't think our dialogue is going to be much more productive, and I apologise for taking up your valuable time. What started out as an offhand question turned quickly into a transactional arrangement which I don't want to enter into at this time.( I don't have a smart phone, for one thing ) Sorry

Actually, I can focus you and direct you explicitly and give you the most likely causes.

But, I need a few more questions answered.

Does this come and go?

Does it ever happen on your feet?