Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I believe that I have hsv2, and I also supplement with

Customer Question
I believe that I...

I believe that I have hsv2, and I also supplement with testosterone and recently switched from phenyl propionate to cypionate and I had an outbreak and nerve pain in my leg lasting 10 days now. I have been taking 800 mg of valcyclovir but leg pain persists and I'm concerned that I'm going to have another outbreak on top of the one that is healing since the nerve pain persis. Please help me.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Valcyclovir. And no.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor
Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Hsv does not cause nerve pain. Hsv causes bumps and rash in the groin. Where do you inject your testosterone?
Hsv can cause other symptoms like muscle aches, fever, fatigue, rashes.
I have read several places that says it is overlooked but in fact it does nerve pain, usually right before a breakout. Injection site is in the buttock, upper and outer.
Sorry I have to step away from the computer.
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 5 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having this pain.

how old are you?

where is the nerve pain ? does it come from lower back pain and radiate down behind your buttocks area and down your leg? this type of nerve pain is often due to pinched nerves in your lower back, sometimes called siatica nerve pain.

what is your height and weight?

have you had this leg nerve pain before?

I'm 39. The pain moves around but is hanging out in my left inside thigh now. 6'0 160lbs.

pain moving around would not be due to HSV2 virus.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician