Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a toothache which is becoming unbearable and can't…

Customer Question
I have a toothache...

I have a toothache which is becoming unbearable and can't get in to the dentist til Monday morning. Ibuprofin is not helping much. Found a 2010 prescription of hydrocodone prescribed for me for an abscessed tooth and didn't throw out. Is it safe or legal to take these tablets until Monday?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent...is above tooth with swollen gum...and throbs.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Always healthy except for skin allergies. I am 76 years old.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

No issues with taking hydrocodone but its better to take naproxen 500 mg fot the toothache. Its much more effective then ibuprufen.

I hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor