Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I apparently have a recurring urinary tract infection. The…

Customer Question
I apparently have a...

I apparently have a recurring urinary tract infection. The only possible remedy would be an antibiotic shot. How can I get that without 911, screaming ambulances, bed assignment for several days, doctors, nurses, etc., etc..

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have no continuing medications. I've had this problem once before. If I do nothing I will weaken and be unable to get off the floor. Rather than typing several paragraphs can I speak with someone?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

None and none.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm 81 years old, my only medical problem is inability to walk bcause of hereditary spastic parapalegia. Otherwise my health is remarkably perfect. I went 50 years with no prescriptions. I've never ecen broken a bone. Now, can I please talk to someone?(###) ###-####

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.comThis is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.
I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.
Thank you for your patience.
Answers here are for education and information only.
Are you able to go to a local urgent care?
I have a crane installed in the back of my van. I can upload my power chair to the car (15 - 20 minutes), drive to the
urgent care facility (the van is equipped with hand controls), unload the chair (10-15 minutes) and buzz into an emergency room. If in these intervals my condition worsens who knows where my van will be? If I succeed in these tasks the only conceivable assistance it will be possible to receive is an antibiotic shot, but I will probably be assigned a hospital bed for a number of days, visited by a number of doctors and nurses, given a series of x-ray and CT scans that I received several months ago, and the only useful remedy received would be an antibiological shot. I have broken a medical law by getting sick on a Saturday, so I can't talk to my doctor, Integris won't talk to me except in an emergency room, and JustAnswer has no telephone number to let me talk to anyone. I must pay $40 to log in and out of Microsoft Edit to talk to anyone, and apparently the only answer I will get is to call 911 and ride a screaming ambulance to a hospital. Where is a quack doctor when you need one? Now I see that I can talk to someone by telephone for another fifty dollars. I think I've already spent too much money.
If you aren’t having fever or dizziness now, I would expect that you should be fine to get to the urgent care in the next 1 to 2 hours without having any serious medical issues.
Most urgent cares can give antibiotic injections and no need for hospital admission

were you able to get seen for the UTI?

Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD