Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 50 yr old son has started having terrible pain in his…

Customer Question
My 50 yr old...

My 50 yr old son has started having terrible pain in his feet and tingling and shooting pain up and down his legs. His dr's office called and said he has protein in his urine. I am so worried it is something terrible. What can cause neuropathy in his feet?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

No It usually happens when he is sleeping. Sometimes he can't make his legs function right. He has been to the ER but They haven't found anything

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has back problems. He injured it a couple of years ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

There is a very long list of medical conditions that can cause protein in the urine and neuropathy in the feet.

The most common is probably diabetes.

Does he have any medications or medial problems?