Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have sclerosis and mild spurring of the acetabulum.

Customer Question
I have sclerosis and...

I have sclerosis and mild spurring of the acetabulum. Scierosis of the medial iliac bone borders the S1 joint. Spurring of the lateral aspect of the lilac bones. The right S1 joint is patent. I have been experiencing pain in my hip that runs down my leg, with the most pain behind my knee. When sitting my leg goes numb and I have to stand without moving until the feeling returns to my leg. I have been seeing a chiropractor for several months and I feel the exercises are helping slightly. What would be the appropriate treatment for this condition?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

If I have more activity the pain increases. I have not noticed swelling however applying ice to the hip and upper leg done provide some relief

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High blood pressure that is treated with 5 mg amlodipine besylate

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I'm very sorry about this

how old are you?

56
female

Yes, this would be appropriate

chiropractic adjustments can take pressure off nerves which are likely causing this issue

is this helpful?

At times the pain is less, however it has not improved the numbing in my leg

then you need an MRI of your spine

you might have some nerve damage

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)