Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m really hoping that you can help me. I want to start by…

Customer Question
I’m really hoping that you...
I’m really hoping that you can help me. I want to start by saying I am not a drug addict I do not do drugs. I have been tested and came up positive for both amphetamines and methamphetamines. (amphetamines came back at 2690ng methanphamine 2890ng). The original test was a standard UA dip test. It was then sent for a “confirmation test “. I tried to explain due to my prescriptions it needed to go to a gas spectrometer. I paid additional fees for this. The confirmation was a UA AND THE SOURCE the nanograms that came up broken down into the two separate categories. My prescriptions- All prescribed by one doctor- (due to Gillian Barre syndrome an auto-immune disease with pain ramifications after an flare up 3yrs ago) are: subutex, Ritalin, amphetamine salt ER,lyrica which since stopped needing, and diazepam PRN. At the time of this one positive test out of 24 months of negative results, I was also taking MicroBid for UTI nasal spray for a sinus infection along with Claritin for my allergies causing a sinus infection. It just occurred to me I took my EpiPen around the time as well. Bee stings will put me into anaphylactic shock without the use of an EpiPen. The testing was all UA’s. I realize everybody says they are not guilty and don’t do drugs but I cannot stress enough that I am not guilty and do not do drugs I’m not a drug addict and I don’t use illegal substances. However now although no issue came from this positive test test, I am refuse to accept this positive result Which shockingly is now causing me a problem. If I would’ve accepted that result from May and been OK and just let it go and i would not have any trouble. However I am not a drug addicted I do not do drugs and I will not have this under my name. Can you please tell me facts and what could have caused this? Can a UA distinguish between my scripts vs. illegal drugs? can you please give me facts as I must defend myself and my reputation along with my character. Thank you In advance for your help and time.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 5 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

ADDERALL tablets contain d-amphetamine and l-amphetamine

is that what you are taking

if you are taking amphetamine salt ER, this can lead to amphetamines and methampheamines to come out in your urine

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician