Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

We had a Wifi router installed for TV & internet connections…

Customer Question
We had a Wifi router...
We had a Wifi router installed for TV & internet connections etc. throughout our home. It has been 10 months & it is located on a table in our living room next to the couch where we all sit every day for hours. I just watched a video online that showed this same Wifi router (which is advertised as the most powerful one available) being tested with a geiger counter & the radiation meter went off the chart to the highest level. We are so worried & frightened now of this radiation that has been coming from this router & what damage it has done to our family. I have 3 small children under the age of 7 who sit beside this router every day. My pregnant niece also lives with us so the danger to her sitting close to this router scares me to death. What is the risk to my family from this radiation?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. I'm sorry to be blunt with you, but this thought is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure you saw this due to some company wanting to sell you something to protect you from your own wifi router. Its a hoax and ridiculous. A router can generate a small electromagnetic field which is completely harmless. Not "radiation ". You can stop worrying.