Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having symptoms of fatigue, dizziness, hot

Customer Question
Hello I have been...

Hello I have been having symptoms of fatigue, dizziness, hot flashes with temperature since August, I have been to my Doctor twice now and had Pathology completed which showed my B12 was borderline low and my HCO3 was slightly low, everything else was in normal ranges. The Doctor put me on B12 tablets 6 weeks ago which reduced the amount of dizzy spells and hot flashes for about two weeks, but now they have been getting more frequent.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have been the my Doctor twice, the first time in August nothing came up in my blood work, and the 2nd time in October my B12 was low and my HCO3 was low. I am taking Blackmores vitamin b12 nutritional support tablets.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I have been very tired, having 3 or more dizzy spells a day with hot flashes and temperatures and last few days I have had Diarrhea.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
I am at 26 year old female. My B12 level was 163 and my HCO3 level was 17 on the 18th October. I had a trip to Orlando Florida America in June for two weeks, and I had what appeared to be a cold in August. Thought this information might be useful.
11/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Was your hormonal work up normal?

Do you have nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss?

Is it possible for you to attach your investigations?

Do you have any anxiety issue?

I haven't had any hormonal test completed as of yet.
I do not have nausea, loss of appetite, or weight loss.
I have attached my Pathology report to this which is all I have had done so far.
I do not have any anxiety issues.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

You need to get the following;

Thyroid function tests (only TSH is done).

LH

FSH

Adrenal function tests

Estradiol

Urine culture

Autoimmune panel

mmunoglobulin M (IgM)/immunoglobulin G (IgG) coxsackievirus B titer

IgM/IgG human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) titer

IgM/IgG C pneumoniae titer

These should be able to give you the diagnosis.

Your symptoms can be due to;

Thyroid disease

Connective tissue diseases

Chronic infections like Epstein Barr virus

Endocrine diseases (Addison disease).

Chronic fatigue syndrome

Myasthenia Gravis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor