Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What medications to Dr's prescribe for shingles? Son in-law.

Customer Question
What medications to Dr's prescribe...
What medications to Dr's prescribe for shingles?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: This is for my son in-law. he has been diagnosed with shingles, but there is no outside rash
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No allergies, but he is experiencing pain in his back, and his Dr. said it could be internal shingles
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
11/11/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Shingles is caused by Varicella zoster virus (VZV).Herpes Zoster virus lies dormant in the main body of our peripheral nerves after childhood chickenpox.It is a reactivation of the chickenpox virus that remains dormant in the nerve roots.

Antiviral medication medicines such as acyclovir (Zovirax ) should be started ASAP preferrably in first 48 hours.The medicine can reduce the duration of the attack and prevent it spreading.Cool compresses and anti-itching lotions, such as calamine lotion provides relief.

So my best advise for your son-in-law is to make an appointment with his doctor for the prescription of anti-viral medications accordingly. This will help him greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor