Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Had bleeding from my colon and low hemogloblin level at 6.9.

Customer Question
Had bleeding from my...

Had bleeding from my colon and low hemogloblin level at 6.9. Had colon removed 5 months ago. Hemoglobin level now at 11.7. Should I worry that it hasn't risen to higher level? Thanks

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Nothing in particular

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
11/10/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, this is very good progress. Gaining 1 gm/dL of Hb every month is absolutely a very good recovery.

You should not be worried about this.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.