Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the side effects of too much B12? I'm am taking…

Customer Question
What are the side...

What are the side effects of too much B12?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No, I'm am taking 1000mcg and feel more energy and better about life, I'm 81, but I have Pvd, high Cholestrol, High Blood pressure and take meds for that, lisenpril, propanlol and gabapentin for pain in lower back and legs and neuropathy in feet.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Just recently and heart problems run in my maternal line.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I just want to make sure I'm not taking too much B12 since I feel so much better since I started using it on my own.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
11/10/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 5 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

I have no concerns with your taking the 1000 mcgm of B12 daily

It won't interfere with your medications and it won't cause any harm

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor