Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I sometimes feel as thought a knife is being sent through…

Customer Question
I sometimes feel as...

I sometimes feel as thought a knife is being sent through where my ruin comes out

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No not yet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had lots of bladder infections and sometimes it shows nothing wrong

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Doctor: Christopher Palmer,
 replied 5 months ago
Christopher Palmer

Hello, I'm Dr Palmer.

Doctor: Christopher Palmer,
 replied 5 months ago

Any pain or burning with urination, blood in urine?

Doctor: Christopher Palmer,
 replied 5 months ago

What is you gender, age?

75 years. Some burning sometimes as i finish urinating. Maybe sometimes a bit if blood in urin
Doctor: Christopher Palmer,
 replied 5 months ago

Male or female?

I don't want to talk right now
Doctor: Christopher Palmer,
 replied 5 months ago

Ok, I'm here if you need me. If you are male, this could be prostate.

Female
Doctor: Christopher Palmer,
 replied 5 months ago

Ok when you can talk let me know

I don't have the extra money
Sorry. Thanks. Bye
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Do you want to continue this chat?

Your symptoms are suggestive of urinary tract infection. You need a urine culture test (if not done), which tells about the best antibiotic to eradicate the infection.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Following approach for the chronic / recurrent urinary tract infection may be helpful;

1) An estimation of residual urine. This is done by an ultrasound examination. An ultrasound is done with full bladder. Then you are asked to void and ultrasound is repeated. If there is a residual urine amount more than 50 ml; that is considered as significant amount. An high residual urine in bladder will not let the UTI eradicated. In a high residual urine following investigations would be done;

a) CMG (cystometrography); this tells about the bladder muscle and sphincter functions. A problem in these would not let the bladder empty properly and thus the recurrent UTI.

b) Pelvic floor EMG; tells about the pelvic muscle dysfunctions and help in above.

These will need medications to improve bladder emptying.

2) Medications which alter urinary pH helps in eradicating the recurrent or chronic UTI with the antibiotics.

3) Culture for the mycobacterium; this if grown will need different kind of medication regime specifically for the mycobacterium bacteria which do not respond to the antibiotics.

4) Gynecological examination; to see for the major cystocele (bladder prolapse). This also predisposes for the recurrent UTI.

5) If above do no help the other investigation contemplated are;

a) Cystoscopy; camera exam to look for bladder diverticulum or any other abnormality.

b) MR urography (magnetic resonance urography to look for infective nidus elsewhere in the urinary tract).

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor