Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My family dr. did a CBC count for extreme fatigue. He found…

Customer Question
Hi. My family dr...

Hi. My family dr. did a CBC count for extreme fatigue . He found my RDW count was 25 when it had been 12,5 in July. Other than a slightly lower than normal MCHC count, I have a good appetite, am not losing weight and all platelets and white blood counts are totally normal. I am also withdrawing from 2 yrs being on prednisone and it is hard. When I went on line it scared me when I looked at info on what a very high level RDW can be. My thyroid and testosterone are normal and she says not to worry at THIS POINT and to repeat Cb c in 3 weeks. any thoughts

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Very tired and fatigued. some intermittent sore glands but it is only once every few days. good appetite no weight loss. O she said ypph nodes showed no hardness.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of. I chew nicotine gum and a little of vape but i have been off cigs for 2 years

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
11/9/2017
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Were Haemoglobin and rest of the parameters normal?

What about iron,B12 and folate levels?