Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having serve cramping and it doesn't feel like period…

Customer Question
I am having serve...

I am having serve cramping and it doesn't feel like period cramps. I also just had my period that last week of october and now having it again.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Of what?>

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask what is your age? Also do you have any urinary symptoms like burning or frequency? Any discharge apart from bleeding?

I'm 24. I went to the gyno on friday because I was having pain in my vagina and she checked for a yeast infection and checked for a UTI. i didnt have either. i do have burning and pain still. i did have discharge and it felt like i was peeing when i stood up

Now from what you are describing the cramps and bleeding can be due to a number of conditions. The first thing which comes to mind is that you could have developed a hormonal imbalance which can cause excessive bleeding and also abdominal cramps. This is a condition which can occur in patients of your age group and it can be diagnosed with a simple blood hormonal panel. Once diagnosed it can be treated with medications to reset the imbalance.

Now since a UTI and yeast infection has been ruled out, it is advisable to look for an infection deeper inside the genital tract, many a time women can have pelvic inflammatory disease which would not be picked up on simple urine analysis and a yeast swab test. A high vaginal swab would be necessary in that case and even an abdominal ultrasound. Once diagnosed it can be treated with antibiotics or anti fungals.

Another cause of this could be BV which can sometimes cause the excessive bleeding as well as the burning etc. A simple test would be diagnostic of the condition and this can then be treated with topical metronidazole cream.

Lastly i would also like to rule out issues with the uterus itself such as polyps which can cause bleeding of this sort. An ultrasound would be diagnostic in this situation.

However i would first like to rule out a hormonal imbalance and an infection OTHER than a simple yeast infection with the help of an abdominal ultrasound as well as a hormonal panel.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!