Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

OXYCET....ARE THEY HIGHLY ADDICTIVE? No stmptoms as listed…

Customer Question
OXYCET....ARE THEY HIGHLY ADDICTIVE? ...

OXYCET....ARE THEY HIGHLY ADDICTIVE?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No stmptoms as listed Does this med give a euphoric feeling?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had a bout with cocaine 10 yrs ago nothing for last 2 years

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Nothing sensitive for me.... testing is not an issue

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
11/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. The simple answer to your question is that YES, oxycet is a highly addictive drug as it contains oxycodone. Oxycodone is a synthetic opioid which has effects of euphoria and elation. It can be addictive for patients if used for a prolonged period of time (that is for greater than a month). Once a patient starts to use it chronically then missing even a single dose can lead to withdrawal symptoms.

So YES, oxycet is a highly addictive drug IF it is used for more than a month usually. However using the drug for a short period of time, usually less than 2 weeks for management of painful conditions usually does not lead to addiction.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor