Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am waking up with a swollen chin. Hard and kind of warm. I…

Customer Question
I am waking up...

I am waking up with a swollen chin. Hard and kind of warm. I am also noticing a lot of skin bumps and itching.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

Not exactly. I have been waking up with what looks like insect bites, sort of like when a little spider bites you. it has been the last two weeks. every morning when I get up i have this itchy bumps in different parts of my body. some a bit bigger than others but very itchy.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Can't think of anything else.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
11/7/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.This is probably secondary to Peri-oral Dermatitis ,this is usually a condition which follows use of local steroid creams or steroid nasal sprays.Cessation of any steroid products on the face,and avoiding fluorinated toothpaste,harsh soaps,perfumed soaps and scrubs,avoiding heavy cosmetics and similar cleansing products will help.Stopping any OTC antibiotic creams and steroid is a must.You may need oral antibiotics,ruling out any local eczema or impetigo,local use of Tacrolimus/Pimecrolimus,use of retinoids like Isotretinoin and adaplane may help..This is seen mostly in women ,teenagers to young adults and middle aged women.Hormonal imbalance may be the cause apart from allergy or eczema.You need the help of your PCP/Doctor and may need a referral to a Dermatologist.